Conference Highlights 2014
Grantmakers In Aging 2014 Annual Conference
Grantmakers In Aging (GIA) gathered in October for its 2014 Annual Conference in San Francisco, California. With its pioneering spirit, visionary thinking and diverse culture, the city by the Bay proved an ideal host to reflect upon and refresh our approach to philanthropy in aging.
The theme of the 2014 conference, Greater Expectations: A New Vision for Aging Philanthropy, brought together experts and stakeholders with innovative approaches to delivering on this agenda.
With more than 40 million people age 65+ living in the US— the most in our nation’s history, modern philanthropy faces increased challenges. The conference offered 18 sessions that addressed a wide range of issues related to our approach in providing older adults—especially those with low incomes—with access to health care, social services, housing, transportation, safe environments, and nutrition.
Click on the links below for a brief review of each presentation, PowerPoint presentations, ideas for funding, resources, and contact information. Many thanks to The SCAN Foundation, whose sponsorship helped make this online resource possible.
- Affordable Senior Housing & Health Partnerships
- Amplifying Lessons Learned from the Institute of Medicine's Groundbreaking Reports on Aging & Health
- Building Business Skills in Community Organizations
- Dual Eligibles: Intergration Efforts at the Federal, State, and Local Levels
- Elder Justice: Your role in Protecting Older Adults
- GIA Diversity Award Presentation
- GIA Fellows: Meet Tomorrow's Leaders in Aging Today
- Improving the Health, Wellbeing, and Quaility of Life of Older Adults Through Music and the Arts
- Income Security for Older Adults
- Intergenerational Programming through Technology
- Latino Age Wave: Architects of Change
- Message Matters: Using Communications to Amplify Your Foundation's Vision & Impact
- Site Visit: Institute on Aging
- Site Visit: On Lok Lifeways
- Sixth White House Conference on Aging 2015: How it Can Make a Difference
- State Progress in Improving Long-Term Services & Supports: How Top Performers are Raising the Bar
- Sustainable Age-Friendly Communities: What Roles Can Grantmakers Play?
- Tomorrow's Technologies for an Aging Society